Monday, May 24, 2010

Dive Report for Saturday 05/22/10

 Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler
A mild swell and gloomy skies greeted divers at Honaunau this past Saturday. For my first dive, I descended right off the "ALOHA" to visit the Longfin Anthias on their little coral head. I like to shoot photos of them every now and then trying out different approaches and angles.


Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler
The male remains as bold as ever and the females are getting less shy as well.


Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler
This female was feeding on some organic matter in the water column. It's not the greatest photo, but I like that it shows the fish with its mouth open ready to eat.


 Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler
I caught this group of Yellowfin Goatfish being groomed by a Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse.


Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler

I rarely can get a photo of a Yellowtail Coris as they move so swiftly and erratically. This time I was fast enough.


Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler

When I get a little frustrated trying to photograph fast-moving fish, I take a break and shoot something that moves really slowly, like this Needle-Spined Sea Urchin.

Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler

On the second dive I came across this Juvenile Commerson's Frogfish. This is the second one I've seen this month. Maybe there's a population boom going on. This one was sitting right out in the open in a field of rocks.


Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler


Photo Copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler

Photo copyright 2010 by Barry Fackler

My report ends with this head-on shoy of a small Whitemouth Moray nestled in the coral. Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment