Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Recent Favorite

I've been blogging recently about the regular sightings of rays and sharks in Honaunau Bay over the last few months and sharing some of my photos with you. A couple of weekends ago, I had the privilege to swim alongside one of the Spotted Eagle Rays (Aetobatus narinari) for around two minutes, taking pictures the whole time. It was an exhilarating experience and I got a bunch of photos I liked. One really stood out and rather than show you a bunch of the photos, I thought I'd just post my favorite:


Photo Copyright 2011 by Barry Fackler

I know it's just an amateur photo taken with a point-and-shoot but it's special to me to have the sunlight streaming down on this great creature with its "wings" spread wide. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment